Update Rollup 3 for Exchange 2010 Service Pack 2
Just today Microsoft released the third rollup for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2. See the announcement here.
They specifically call out the following fixes.
- KB2689810 Meeting Requests bodies get rendered in plain text in Outlook when created via Exchange Web Services.
- KB2674445 Need the function to check ACL consistency during moving mailbox.
- KB2700705 RpcClientAccess crashes with SocketException when UDP push notification is enabled.
- KB2705425 Memory Leak in UMWorkerProcess.exe.
- KB2698976 MRM Assistant doesnt process a mailbox with a contact created in other tenants.
I however noticed in this complete overview some other interesting fixes:
- "There were no writeable domain controllers found in Active Directory site" error message when you run the ExBPA tool in an Exchange Server 2010 organization
Got enough calls from coworkers regarding this issue (not the first bug in ExBPA I might add)…
- MRM retention policy in the Junk E-Mail folder does not work when you manually move email messages in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Ah, didn’t notice this issue. But these kind of retention policies are something I would like to be standard in any Exchange 2010. Good to know that SP1RU3 is the update to have.
- The E-mail Signature text box is not editable in Outlook Web App when you use Google Chrome in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Although I use Chrome primarily for all my browsing and thus for OWA, I didn’t ran into this issue myself (possibly because this was already fixed earlier in Office365?). But because I find the multi-browser support in Exchange 2010 a very important feature, this fix could not go unmentioned.
- You cannot move a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment that has a message size limit configured
Ahhh, this one make me and at least one big customer we have, very very happy. Consider the migration from GroupWise with no restrictions on message size (…) to Exchange. While you can (temporary during migration) set the message size very high, when you want to move the mailbox to another Exchange Database (quota, other RTO/RPO etc..) it would fail. Only option was to delete the message by admin (users couldn’t). This would hopefully resolve this!
- You cannot move some users’ mailboxes from one Exchange Server 2010 mailbox database to another
Recently saw another (still unresolved) issue, in which we were unable to move mailboxes between databases on the same server. Although this case has some other error messages and possibly another root cause, this is something to keep in mind.
- You cannot set the "Country/region" attribute of a user mailbox to "Curaçao," "Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba," or "Sint Maarten (Dutch part)" by using the Exchange Management Console on an Exchange Server 2010 server
Residents of the Kingdom of the Netherlands will be pleased to see this fix
Yep, going to test this update in the lab ASAP